|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Reliability DirectorPosted by: McCormick & Company, Incorporated
Posted date: 2012-May-18
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full time Reliability Director in its US Industrial Group (USIG) Division Headquarters located at 226 Schilling Circle in Hunt Valley, MD. This person will report to the USIG Vice President of Manufacturing and Distribution.
With more than $3 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!
As an employer recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the direction of the U.S. Industrial Group (USIG) Vice President of Manufacturing and Distribution, this position will own the overall Process Reliability (PR) / Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) strategy for 5 USIG plants located in South Bend, IN, Dallas, TX, Hunt Valley, MD, Atlanta, GA and Mexico City. The Reliability Director is also responsible for serving as a coach to one plant in Canada. This position is based at the USIG Division HQ in Hunt Valley, MD and will lead McCormick & Company, Inc. toward world class Manufacturing Process Reliability.
· Continuing the strategic transformation to world class PR including the selection and implementation of PR improvement methodologies and the standardization of PR measures
· Leading the knowledge transfer, development and training of all key operations leaders in PR methods, technologies and systems in US and Mexican plant locations
· Partnering with & providing critical input into the selection and development of Process Reliability Managers, Continuous Improvement Managers, Operations Managers, Process Engineers and other key technical leaders in each of the plant locations to help drive results
· Working with the USIG Director of Engineering to provide input into USIG’s Strategic Capital Plan to build manufacturing plant floor technical capabilities in support of PR objectives
· Partnering with Finance to set up processes & systems allowing tracking and reporting on PR cost savings to the bottom line
· Delivering reliability savings and challenging plant leadership teams to ensure savings are in line with PR levels achieved
· Seeking benchmark systems within and outside of McCormick
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Chemistry or other technically relevant field
· Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing with direct responsibility for improving the reliability of production systems
· Experience using the Process Reliability improvement methodologies of Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement
· Experience driving significant reliability results on packaging equipment and processing equipment in a medium or larger sized organization
· Ability to work collaboratively to resolve complex issues across functions, sites and levels
· Demonstrated success influencing peers and upper-level leaders
· Willingness and ability to travel to all 6 sites at least 4x annually
· Experience using the Process Reliability improvement methodologies TPM, Rapid Change Over, Center lining, Design of Experiments, and Failure Analysis
· Experience in multiple roles within multiple plants
· Experience in more than one supply chain related position
· Experience leading and managing large scale cross-functional projects
· Knowledge of technical innovation, product development, purchasing and supply chain
If interested, please visit www.mccormickcorporation.com and apply for position #100301.