|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Reliability EngineerPosted by: CarbonLITE Industries
Posted date: 2019-Jun-25
Location: Riverside, CA
Is the amount of plastic waste in our environment a concern for you? Are you interested in proactively doing something about it? Is a team-based, family-oriented, continuous improvement culture important to you? If your answer to these questions is yes, we have a perfect opportunity for you.
CarbonLITE Industries is the largest PET bottle recycling company in the world. We recycle used plastic bottles and process it into PET resin flakes and pellets, which are used to manufacture new plastic beverage bottles and other products, such as food packaging. Through new state-of-the-art facilities, technologies, and equipment, CarbonLITE is committed to preserving resources and reducing the world’s carbon footprint. At CarbonLITE, we believe that recycling is the only responsible option.
CarbonLITE was founded by plastics entrepreneur, Leon Farahnik. CarbonLITE’s two 220,000-square-foot bottle-to-bottle PET recycling plants process more than four billion plastic bottles annually. We are looking for a Reliability Engineer to provide leadership, direct the asset management plan, and assume responsibility for improving asset reliability. CarbonLITE's culture is dynamic and family oriented. If you would like to be a part of this growing and important industry, we would love to talk with you!
What CarbonLITE Offers:
· A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
· Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
· Group retirement savings program
· Excellent Safety Programs
Works closely with the site Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager/Scheduler, Maintenance Technicians, Stores personnel, Engineering and Production to improve the effectiveness and increase overall equipment reliability.
Is the Reliability subject matter expert – responsible for originating and developing analysis methods to determine reliability of components, equipment and processes. He or She develop strategies with the appropriate level of predictive and preventative maintenance including asset criticality analysis, FMEA, planning and scheduling, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, precision maintenance, downtime analysis, and root cause analysis to optimize costs resulting in maximizing overall asset management.
· Gather and examine basic reliability data from field studies or database and correlate the data for analysis using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
· Gather and examine basic maintainability problem data in coordination with Maintenance Manager from field studies or database and merges data into well-defined repair techniques, principles and procedures. Help establish good maintenance practices.
· Consider impact of costs on recommended action plans for avoiding/correcting problems during the design phase or remedial action for correcting reliability problems on installed equipment; perform root cause failure analysis to help prevent failures.
· Plan and perform engineering research, design development, or manufacturing/process engineering assignments, including responsibility for major subsections of complex projects using general engineering practices influenced by the general theme of reliability principles.
· Assess and provide guidance on the Reliability Engineering (RCM, FMEA, PdM), PM Optimization and TPM activities (RCA, Defect Elimination, Autonomous Maintenance) and planning and scheduling tools to optimize deployment of personnel and maximize equipment
· Ensure a standardized approach is followed in development of maintenance plans.
· Review and evaluate data/metrics for trends, deviations, and a gap analysis of the maintenance strategies (e.g. asset utilization (OEE), planning and scheduling, work execution, MTBF, MTTR, replacement asset value and develop corrective action plans
· Assess the existing CMMS system (COGs) and develop a short medium- and long-term strategy to align with PdM, MTBF,
· Audit and evaluate the effectiveness of the PM/PdM, and the utilization effectiveness using the CMMS software to drive preventative and predictive maintenance activities.
· Audit & optimize PM, QM & MM structure, configuration & master data within COGs.
· Provide input to Risk Management Plan in anticipation of risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
· Perform Failure Analysis & Reporting & develop engineering solutions for repetitive failures.
· Support site shutdown planning & execution.
· Creation of work plans for medium complexity projects/plans being executed by cross functional teams.
· Develop new systems, practices, and procedures pertaining to maintenance excellence to enhance the performance.
· Designs and develops new and unique repair methods and procedures, special equipment, innovative test procedures and special analysis of failure techniques
• Lean training or certification a plus
• Certified Reliability Leader CRL, Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) or Certified Reliability Centered Maintenance Facilitator (RCM) a plus
• Experience with PdM technologies including infrared, vibration, oil analysis, ultrasound
• Advanced experience with CMMS programs
• In-depth knowledge of the following concepts: FMEA, RCM, PdM, CbM, Reliability by Design, PM optimization, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Analysis.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing cross functional/team-based improvements; knowledgeable in change management fundamentals.
Physical & Other Requirements:
Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility.
Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands.
Must be able to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift.
Constantly positions oneself to transfer materials within manufacturing environment. Frequently moves about building(s) to access other personnel & operational areas.
Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access service equipment. Works atop elevated positions at heights.
Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials. Occasionally performs critical job functions in extremely hot work environments.
Occasionally positions oneself within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment.
Able to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection.
Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction.
Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation.