|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Reliability Engineering CoordinatorPosted by: NOVA Chemicals
Posted date: 2019-May-31
Reliability Engineering Coordinator
The successful candidate will provide Reliability Leadership within a manufacturing unit, in the areas of Risk Management, Opportunity Selection, Loss Elimination, and Asset Strategy Performance. This role will provide coordination and guidance to a multidiscipline Reliability Engineering team, focusing efforts on developing solutions to critical issues, identifying and addressing areas of greatest risk and ensuring effective strategies are in place to achieve safe, reliable and competitive operation of our assets.
· Lead the Improve Multidiscipline Team (IMT) in the unit, focusing on prioritization, implementation, cost management and measurement of effectiveness.
· Drive the overall Opportunity Selection Process and it’s input processes, including:
o Bad Actors – Top Maintenance Costs and highest failure rates
o Loss and Waste (L&W) – Production losses and Waste
o Risk of Production Loss (ROPL) – Potential risks to Rates, Quality or Availability
o Additional priorities defined by our annual business priorities or as a result of incident investigations
· Support the Focused Improvement Network to further develop and refine Nova’s improvement standards and implementation in the unit.
· Provide Turnaround Technical Leadership defining and developing improvement scope, managing required resources and tracking progress against milestones.
· Support development of Capital Project Ideas and business cases for key improvement opportunities.
Reliability Strategy and Systems
· Lead and mentor the Unit Reliability Team in the application and use of reliability systems, tools and methods such as RAM Modeling, RCFA, FMEA/RCM analysis, Weibull analysis, Growth Analysis (Crow-AMSAA), Spares Analysis, etc.
· Lead and/or facilitate significant Reliability efforts such as Incident Investigations, RCFA’s, Maintenance Strategy Development and Review,Business Case Development Condition Monitoring Program Development, Criticality Reviews, Etc.
· Provide leadership to the Reliability Review Boards
o Lead development and ongoing improvement of Reliability Based Maintenance strategies for equipment types within discipline.
o Develop and assist in the implementation of strategic reliability initiatives and site programs
· Work with Reliability Systems Specialist and the World Class Reliability (WCR) Center of Excellence (C of E) to integrate developed systems and tools into the units
· University Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma with 10+ years of maintenance and/or reliability experience in an industrial plant or equivalent technology environment.
· Obtained or eligible to obtain either a P.Eng, P.L. Eng or P. Tech designation.
· Reliability designations such as CMRP (preferred)
· Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence and deliver results without authority
· Demonstrated troubleshooting skills along with a proven track record of success.
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills is required.
· Experience with SAP and/or Meridium, along with demonstrated Probability, statistical and analytical skills to support equipment strategies.
· Hands-on experience with Lean Sigma (Six Sigma), and ability to facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis and Reliability Centre Maintenance practices.