|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Underground Maintenance SupervisorPosted by: MRC
Posted date: 2018-Apr-25
Are you looking for your first role in management? This job might just be for you! The purpose of this job is to manage the maintenance teams and resources to ensure the mine meets budgeted availability and cost. Promote continuous improvement by driving ongoing change in levels of equipment availability, safety, productivity, cost and quality. Expertise with Sandvik mining equipment would be a plus.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· To establish and monitor strategies for improving Maintenance performance for the mines including training in maintenance.
· Ensure mine infrastructure is maintained to a standard to enable annual plan targets to be met, and the long term integrity of assets are established through life of mine planning
· Coordinate the Mine Maintenance budget to achieve the annual plan
· Manage expenditure to within budget levels
· Ensure all projects are effectively budgeted and monitored to within cost constraints
· Ensure reporting and recording requirements are maintained accurately and on time and that communication channels for relaying information to appropriate personnel are maintained and improved.
· Develop and maintain reliability focused maintenance documentation for each asset
· Any other duties or task that may be required.
Qualifications and Experience
· Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Trade School or equivalent.
· Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
· Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
· Minimum 8 years maintenance experience in mining or any other heavy industry.
· Understanding of all aspects of underground / processing operations in mining.
· Ability to use and interpret relevant computer systems and outputs.
· Ability to establish, utilize and interpret spreadsheets and data.
· Sound experience in negotiating complex solutions from conflicting priorities.
· Good time management and prioritization skills.
· Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills.
· Proven ability to lead and supervise a team.
· Sound methods and approaches to persuade, convince or influence others.
· Ability to create a climate in which people want to do their best by empowering individuals and teams and by communicating a clear vision and purpose.
· High level of initiative, resourcefulness and personal organization.
Compensation: DOE, plus bonus
Relocation: Assistance Provided
James A. Sanwick, VP, MRC corp., 843-253-0096
MRC - Executive Search for Mining Professionals