|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Utility Project / Team LeaderPosted by: Gainesville Regional Utilities
Posted date: 2017-Sep-27
Location: Gainesville, FL
Regional Utilities, the 5th largest municipal electric utility in Florida, seeks a Utility Project/Team Leader who will perform high level, independent, professional and technical work with a focus on Enterprise Asset Management. Additional responsibilities of this position will include knowledge of Industry standard maintenance and reliability practices. The successful candidate will be required to support a wide variety of projects, both as an individual contributor, project leader, and team leader.
To be considered for this position you must possess a Bachelor degree with major course work in business, computer science, engineering, math, or related subject, and eight (8) years of experience in the area of assigned responsibility, with two (2) years of demonstrated leadership and supervision of subordinate professionals and/or support personnel, to include coaching, motivating, directing and team building skills;
Preference will be given to candidates witha bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited educational institution and at least 8 years' experience as an engineer with emphasis on Reliability Engineering and Maintenance including: Preventative and Predictive Maintenance methodologies and Work flow planning, scheduling, dispatching, and control with two (2) years of demonstrated leadership and supervision of subordinate professionals and/or support personnel, to include coaching, motivating, directing and team building skills.
A valid U.S. Driver License is required at the time of hire; a valid Florida Driver License is required within 30 days of start date.
The ideal candidate will have experience or certification in the following areas:
• Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) by the Society of Maintenance & Reliability Professionals
• RCM practices including Predictive Technologies such as vibration analysis, I-R thermography, ultrasound, and tribology
• Analyzing / Leading Root Cause Failure Analysis
• Establishing and Achieving Reliability related Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics to assess equipment reliability and work process effectiveness
• Understanding of Bill of Materials, MRO (Maintenance Repairs and Operations) Spares, and Asset Hierarchy/Criticality ranking and how each impacts the optimization of asset maintenance systems.
• Lead the Planner/Scheduler's to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due and that resultant corrective work is prioritized and performed.
• Good organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to solicit input and support of others at various levels in an organization. Acknowledged commitment to Continuous Improvement with LEAN/Six-Sigma experience.
• Maintaining a close working relationship with the Division Managers to help determine training needs and develop training classes.
• Experience managing the following:
a. Contractors and various journeyman craft technicians
b. All phases of system improvement projects from design through construction to acceptance testing.
c. Capital projects, to include design review, writing job specifications, review of bids, selection of contractor, execution of project, commissioning of project, and facilitation of training as required.
For more information please visit our Career Opportunity page. AA/EOE/VP/DFWPInterested in this position? APPLY HERE