|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Maintenance Planner & SchedulerPosted by: City of Toronto
Posted date: 2017-Sep-15
Maintenance Planner & Scheduler
Job Classification Title MAINTENANCE PLANNER & SCHEDULER
Requisition # 2284281 X
Division Toronto Water
Section Water Infrastructure Management
Work Location KIPLING AVENUE YARD - WATER DISTRICT OPERATIONS BLDG, 435 KIPLING AVE, R.C. HARRIS WATER TREATMENT PLANT, 2701 QUEEN ST E
Job Stream Operations & Maintenance
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Salary/Rate $37.79 - $41.39 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly) 80.00
Shift Information Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
Wage Grade 12
Affiliation L79 Full-time
Job Code (PSG) TF4472
Number of Positions Open 3
Posting Date 15-Sep-2017
Expiry date 29-Sep-2017
· Plan, schedule and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and corrective work.
· Configure, maintain, and monitor CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) or WMS (Work Management Systems) data and applications, including Hansen and Avantis.
· Request and receive the appropriate level of technical input to fully plan work.
· Develop detailed work instructions, as required, to support all health & safety requirements by participating in job hazard analysis.
· Assemble work packages to the level of detail required to execute the work.
· Develop and maintain Bill of Materials.
· Maintain and update the equipment inventory, including asset characterizing information such as model, serial number, equipment type, etc.
· Lead and participate in coordination meetings between operations and maintenance groups. Take meeting minutes.
· Develop work plans for maintenance (Preventive, Predictive and Corrective work) with necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assigning and execution of maintenance work.
· Perform purchasing duties, as required, with a full understanding of purchasing policies.
· Stage materials, as required.
· Evaluate maintenance work feedback to improve future work orders.
· Prioritize work requests and work orders.
· Calculate work backlog, based on open work with priorities, and forecasted available labour hours and materials for future work that is planned prior to actual work completion.
· Prepare training course materials and conduct training and demonstrations for users of CMMS / WMS concepts.
· Provide training and work coordination to staff.
· Conduct field inspections and assessments, and evaluate the condition of facilities and assets, including root cause analysis.
· Assist with budget preparation and tracking of expenditures.
· Assist engineers and other management staff in carrying out technical work, including performing research, tests, calculations, technical analysis and preparing reports and specifications.
· Administer, prepare, review and coordinate requirements, contracts, agreements, reports and documents.
· Configure, operate and maintain a variety of mechanical, digital, wireless, computerized and other equipment and systems, and provide training to staff in maintenance activities, etc.
· Conduct quality assurance data integrity checks and produce reports based on findings.
· Prepare, read and interpret technical drawings.
· Support and lead initiatives related to maintenance process improvements and equipment reliability.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
1. Considerable experience in the industrial maintenance field, including experience related to reliability in a complex process facility.
2. Combination of education and practical experience related to Planning and Scheduling, including:
3. Considerable experience with maintenance principles, practices, concepts and options, including all areas within maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination and optimization.
4. Proficiency in utilizing CMMS / WMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems / Work Management Systems) in a complex process environment.
5. Proficiency in utilizing MS Office (advanced level of Excel required) in an MS Windows environment
You must also have:
· Advanced knowledge of the collection, evaluation and analysis of field data related to maintenance management, facility processes and infrastructure.
· Knowledge of government legislation in the area of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
· Knowledge of manual and computerized mathematical calculations used in engineering analysis.
· Ability to collaborate with and effectively contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
· Ability to understand maintenance administration processes related to inventory control, procurement and other purchasing procedures, including tendering and administration of requests, etc.
· Knowledge of, and ability to utilize, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), including the set-up of user definable software for end-user use in the areas of maintenance, procurement and inventory control.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to recommend solutions.
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and plans.
· Ability to provide work coordination to other staff.
· Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and carry out work with minimal supervision.
Number of Positions Open and Work Location Information:
· Three (3) vacancies at various locations.
Work Location Additional Information:
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Maintenance Planner & Scheduler within our Toronto Water Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on these and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2284281 X, by September 29, 2017.
Communication:Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, screening, assessment and placement.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.