Boston seafood processor is searching for an experienced maintenance technician. The ideal candidate will be familiar with working in an industrial facility, preferably a food manufacturing facility.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Executing PM's of plant equipment and repairs around a busy production schedule.
- Working with contractors such as electricians, refrigeration contractors, plumbers, etc.
-Working with an evolving maintenance team along with a maintenance supervisor
- Creating work orders, maintaining inventory for replacement parts and performing general maintenance on OEM and custom fabricated equipment.
- Communicating with team members on plant issues and working to improve plant operations.
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical issues. Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems is a plus.
- Understanding of blueprints, drawings, schematics.
- General mechanical knowledge.
- Basic Computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, and preferably maintenance software such as MP2.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Flexibility with hours, including being on call when needed.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to work in a cold/refrigerated environment with fish.
-Ability to lift within OSHA guidelines.