|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Site Engineering/EHS LeadPosted by: Pfizer
Posted date: 2017-Apr-07
Location: Albany, GA
To be considered for this position, you must apply at www.pfizercareers.comand search for Job ID 1048808. Please note, any applications submitted through this website will not be reviewed for consideration.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The incumbent is responsible for all Engineering and Environmental, Health, and Safety
programs at the site. The individual will manage the site's Capital, Facilities, and Utilities
programs to ensure they sufficiently support the current and future requirements of the
production operations and ancillary functions at the site. The individual ensures site compliance with all Federal, State, and local Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations and manages the applicable programs to protect the health and safety of all colleagues, Pfizer assets, and the surrounding public. The individual is responsible for ensuring adequate management systems are in place and provides periodic training and auditing to ensure proper compliance by all relevant personnel. The individual is a member of the Albany Site Leadership team (SLT).
• Works with applicable departments to develop the site Capital plan totaling ~3MM annually.
• Responsible for generating and gaining approval for Capital Project Appropriations (CPAs) according to approved project timelines and initiating purchase orders in Ariba system.
• Responsible for working with the site Finance team to ensure all capital expenditures are set-up according to financial requirements and expected timelines.
• Provides oversight and management to all Contractor programs responsible for servicing and maintaining the site facilities and utilities including scheduling of work activities.
• Support and give guidance on engineering project and production equipment specifications.
• The Lead Engineer resource for capital projects
• Support and enable Site Maintenance Reliability Programs
Environmental, Health, and Safety:
• Evaluates operations and assures compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and Pfizer
Corporate EHS requirements.
• Manages the sites EHS programs that satisfy site operational needs. Assists in identifying EHSrelated problems and issues and secures internal and external resources (as needed) to resolve them.
• Satisfies all EHS regulatory reporting required for the site.
• Responsible for leading all internal and external EHS-related audits including coordination for completing follow-up actions according to an approved schedule.
• Responsible for leading EHS-related investigations and coordinating closure of effective
corrective actions in a timely manner to prevent recurrence.
• Facilitates basic industrial hygiene services and medical surveillance programs to compliance expectations.
• May lead the site safety committee.
• Responsible for ensuring that appropriate EHS and fire emergency considerations have been adequately addressed in all new site projects involving materials, equipment, personnel, processes, and facilities.
• Maintains the site Emergency, Spill Response, Evacuation, and Loss Prevention programs as required.
• Responsible for managing the site's Environmental Sustainability program.
• Responsible for managing the site's Environmental Sustainability program through data report and identification of energy and waste reduction initiatives in consultation of Pfizer Global EHS group.
Minimum Bachelors of Science degree from an accredited Institution in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or appropriate scientific discipline. Master's Degree in Engineering is desirable.
• 10+ years Manufacturing/Engineering/Operations
• EHS experience in a regulated industry is desired.
• Capital Planning experience desired.
• Project Management experience desired.
• Working knowledge of cGMP, ISO, OSHA and EPA regulations applicable to the
medical device industry, desirable.
• Equipment Validation experience, i.e. Installation Qualification/Operation Qualification,
Performance Qualification is desirable
• Preventative Maintenance and equipment reliability management experience is desirable
• Experience with continuous manufacturing, paper making or web-converting manufacturing process desirable
• Experience with AutoCAD or similar software, is a plus
• Experience in developing standard operating procedure desirable
• Formal Root Cause Analysis training is a plus
Breadth of Maintenance & Operations Knowledge:
• Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles applied to design, operation and
maintenance of production mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Understands the contributions and functions of multiple trades allowing for optimal
management of complex projects.
Working Knowledge of Planning and implementations:
• Capable of developing a plan and gaining alignment with interfaces.
• Capable of reviewing vendor plans and documentation and providing oversight guidance
during all phases of the execution process.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of projects and/or activities at one time and bring
them to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
• Can coordinate work needs with others for gaining resources for strategic improvements.
• Have ability to work in matrix organization and influence others across different departments.
• Maintains continuous awareness of potential conflict situations. Adjusts systems processes to minimize conflicts.
• Consistently uses group problem-solving techniques that result in synergistic team decisions.
• Can work effectively across organizational boundaries with people – internal and external.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contractors,
vendors, engineers, and government agencies.
• Skilled at negotiating with vendors and contractors.
• Needs to be able to sit/stand/walk in both an office environment and production
floor/lab/warehouse settings for extend periods of time.
• Needs to be able to support a 24/5, 24/6 or 24/7 operation.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work outside normal operation hours (8-5pm), as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all
employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer