|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Maintenance Mechanic, 3rd Shift (11pm-7:30am), Behr/Kilz - AllentownPosted by: Behr Process Corporation
Posted date: 2017-Feb-07
Location: Allentown PA
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
Maintain and repair manufacturing machinery and facilities for the continuous operation of equipment necessary to support the production and packaging process.
Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of employment.
• Read & Interpret work orders, diagrams, schematics, specifications as applicable and provide receipt.
• Provide analysis of maintenance problems, determine the cause of problems and offer possible solutions.
• Provide adjustments and repair for mechanical and electrical components and replace when necessary.
• Periodically perform preventative maintenance tasks and follow safety policies and guidelines.
• Possess a clear understanding of the specific function of all valves, pump controls and mixing equipment in the Millroom.
• Possess a clear understanding of the specific function of the controls for the operation of the shakers, pumps, filling machines and conveyors in the Filling Room
• Possess a clear understanding of the specific function of the controls for the operation of the case packer, bail o matic, tape machine and conveyors on the filling line.
• Possess a clear understanding of the function of the controls and operation of all of the machines in the production cycle in order to repair each one when necessary. • Provide painting services on multiple surfaces using a brush, roller, or spray gun at various heights.
• Maintain the lubrication of all the equipment requiring maintenance such as conveyor belts, drives and forklifts in order to ensure proper function.
• Troubleshoot and solve maintenance-related problems including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry problems
• Operate equipment necessary to fabricate, process welding, and mill/lathe.
High School diploma and one to three years of similar or related work experience
Considerable maintenance experience involving all the skilled trades
Knowledge of electrical systems and repairs Knowledge of welding and fabrication processes
Knowledge of PLC Systems Knowledge of SAP transactions Knowledge of MS Office Suites and/or software applications related to job functions
Capable of reading and understanding operating and repair instructions of existing equipment
Ability to walk up and down stairs numerous times during the day
Ability to operate drills, grinders, punches, band saws, pipe threaders, soldering tools and hoists
Ability to use hand tools such as a hammer, screw driver, pliers, wrench, and all others Ability to serve and repair electrical cords, boxes, plug-ins, terminals and connections after electrical power is disconnected Responsible for the safe operation of a forklift