|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Maintenance Supervisor - Plywood Manufacturing - 014994Posted by: Georgia Pacific
Posted date: 2013-Mar-05
Location: Corrigan, TX
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Lead a wood products maintenance team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. Supervise/coordinate maintenance efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs. Support the MPO (Machine Paced Operation) Process System to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business. Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable. Must be flexible with shift and/or departmental assignments.
Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved; monitor the quality of craft work and provide direction to crew members to maximize production efficiency; assist with troubleshooting production issues; provide safety training to crew members; coaching; team development/performance management; data entry and completing/generating reports.
Internal (site): Interacts with key operations personnel such as the Plant Manager, Staff Management, (Operations and Maintenance), Human Resources Manager, Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, maintenance personnel and employees at all levels of the site organization.
· Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 consecutive years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment OR a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability Predictive / Preventive and Precision Maintenance
· A minimum of 1 year experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem solving tools
· A minimum of 1 year of reading mechanical, structural and electrical drawings
· An effective working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and maintenance reporting systems applications
· Able and willing to work in a plywood manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
· Able and willing to work safely, and promote and enforce safe work practices
· A Bachelor's Degree in engineering, industrial management or a similar discipline
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
· Knowledge of general safe work practices
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Basic accounting and financial knowledge
· Excellent organizational/planning skills
· Ability to influence others within the organization
· Analytical and critical thinking
· Proven problem solving skills
· Proven ability to build and align a team around a shared vision
· Change management
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf