INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies. Koch companies employ about 67,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries.
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. Operating in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fiber and STAINMASTER® carpet. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life, for example INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
INVISTA is looking for a Reliability Engineering Supervisor to join our team in Victoria, Texas. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of 10-15 Mechanical Reliability Engineers who focus on maintain and improving mechanical reliability, driving operational excellence. The selected individual must be an entrepreneurial thinker that considers real-value return on investment within the decision making process. This individual should set high standards and embrace goals and objectives that are in alignment with operations, reliability, technical, and maintenance organizations.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment.
• The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
• Strong communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively with all levels.
• The ability to motivate, influence, problem-solve and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce.
• Partners with site leadership to establish priorities and deliver results.
• Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with integrity, compliance and in a safe and efficient manner.
• Provide mentoring in the completion of root cause analysis (Cause Mapping) of unplanned failures of equipment
• Act as a compliance role model, in a manner consistent with INVISTA values and principles
• Ensure reporting employees in the mechanical reliability organization understand and mange the key risks in their work area while establishing a risk profile aligned with INVITSA’s expectations
• Actively participate in the selection and development of personnel supporting the reliability group
• Provide mentoring and guidance to reliability engineers in the implementation of capital improvements
• Provide supervision, support the development of mechanical and electrical engineers in the site Reliability Team
• Develop clear, concise and actionable reliability plants to maximize equipment and process availability, while minimizing downtime
• Develop and manage a prioritization process that facilitate resource allocation for the highest value projects supporting the site’s vision
• Prepare and execute design packages that will improve safety and operability of the plant
• Provide reliability engineering support for project work including troubleshooting equipment and identifying deficiencies in equipment original design
• Develop solutions and drive to completion elimination of design deficiencies that are supported by improved process performance and reliability
• Provide Process Safety Management guidance on Management Of Change (MOC)
• Mentor reliability engineering resources in addressing action items generated during the completion of manufacturing area Process Hazard Analysis
• Align reliability engineering resources with area reliability work plans, manufacturing area technical plans, and the site 5 year spending plan
• Provide leadership to the development of reliability programs such as equipment “bad actor” analysis, lubrication improvement, pump seal program, and equipment maintenance plan and maintenance procedure development
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering from a University with an accredited engineering program
• 5+ years of experience in a chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment
• Experience applying problem solving skills including the ability to identify key drivers and delve into the details in a chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment
• Experience facilitating change effectively while working with multiple disciplines and project teams
• Experience interpreting instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form
• Experience communicating complex or technical issues with various levels of an organization, including effectively presenting technical information to an audience with a non-technical background
• Experience with risk assessment approaches and methodologies
• Must have a valid and current government issued driver's license
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Bachelors degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 10+ years of experience in a chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment
• 5+ years experience working in leadership role in design or manufacturing in a chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment
• Experience working with reliability engineering concepts including Failure Modes and Effect Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and the application of Reliability Centered Maintenance concepts
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORKING CONDITIONS (with or without reasonable accommodations):
• Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment
• Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders in a plant environment
• Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time
• Must be willing to work periodic workdays in excess of 8 hours
• Must be willing to relocate to Victoria, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.