|Job Seeker's Sign In | Employer's Sign In | View Resumes | Post a new Job|
Go back to the Job List
Mechanical Engineer - Research & Development - 011388Posted by: Invista S.a.r.l
Posted date: 2013-Mar-01
Location: Orange, TX
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies. Koch companies employ about 67,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries.
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. Operating in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fiber and STAINMASTER® carpet.
You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life, for example INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
INVISTA has an opening for a Mechanical Specialist / Project Assistant in our Intermediates Research Group. The ideal candidate will have a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Assistant: Team with research personnel & knowledgeable electrical and instrument staff to translate ideas & concepts into practical experimental apparatus. Work involves design of new units as well as modifications to existing facilities. Key responsibilities:
· Define & formalize scopes of work.
· Develop options & perform cost / benefit analysis.
· Sketch layouts, arrangements, and P&ID’s via AutoCAD (Microstation).
· Maintain as built drawings.
· Perform and document safety analysis.
· Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, codes, and technical standards.
· Specify & select equipment.
· Oversee fabrication and timely construction.
· Assist during training & start-up.
· Maintain project records database
Mechanical Specialist: Provide ongoing support to R&D building infrastructure. Key responsibilities:
· Oversee / execute mechanical reliability programs including specification / inspection of relief devices, pressure vessels, piping systems, and utilities.
· Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment.
· Prepare and maintain maintenance procedures.
· Provide direction and oversee/assist in the tasks performed by mechanical technicians & contractors. Typical tasks include pipefitting, fabrication, mechanical equipment repairs and alignment, HVAC & chiller repairs, relief device installation.
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering (minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale).
· 2 or more years of Mechanical Engineering experience
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude / ability to trouble shoot & analyze mechanical problems and provide sound solutions.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Formal AutoCAD or Microstation training with industrial design experience.
· Experience with electrical, instrument, & process control systems.
· Experience with chemical plant equipment and operation.
· Capable of working effectively as part of a multifunctional team.
· Ability to perform work with minimal supervision and guidance.
· Strong verbal communication skills.
· Strong technical writing skills.
· Skilled in the utilization of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Familiarity with SAP work order system.
· Dedicated to excellence in safety, health, and environmental compliance.