As a key member in the Horizon Major Projects team, the QA Piping Specialist will apply industry experience to define, develop, review and apply the Horizon Oil Sand's Major Project QA program.
• Provide guidance on application of regulatory requirements, industry codes and Horizon Standards
• Implement Audit Program to measure quality performance of contractors and suppliers
Our QA team is comprised of compact multi-disciplinary teams working on challenging and varied combination both of project service and operational business. As a QA Specialist you can expect to work with a wide range of operations and project teams, contractors and manufacturers, to work outside of your specialized discipline at times and to develop new skills. Working with the Canadian Natural QA team will enable you to use your quality and technical expertise to ensure code compliant, safe, accurate and high-quality operations, maintenance and project activity.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Conduct compliance audits, both internally and externally, to verify conformance with the Horizon project quality requirements
• Support the implementation and administration of project quality assurance while continuously monitoring programs/procedures
• Provide guidance and expertise in the utilization of various inspection technologies
• Assist contractors in achieving win - win outcome
• Assist in the maintenance of a database which tracks all quality records, and any other technical records as required to support reliability and integrity efforts
• Resolve day-to-day QA issues as they arise
• Report on QA issues to management
• Promote quality awareness, continuous improvement to influence the overall success of the project
• Facilitate turnover of QA/QC related documentation to the Horizon operating plant upon completion of projects
• Typically 10+ years of related industry expertise with a mechanical or metallurgical engineering degree or technologist/technician diploma
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Written work related documents, including engineered drawings and Bill of Materials
o Procedures within an Owner-User Program and ensuring compliance to industry standards and government regulations
o Previous experience doing Audits to ISO
o Relevant ABSA, API, and CWB certifications
o Non Destructive Testing and In-Service Inspection techniques with respect to welding and materials
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Quality Assurance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Quality-Assurance