• As a key member of the Horizon Project Management team, the QA Specialist will apply industry experience to define, develop and review the Horizon Oil Sands QA program related to mechanical requirements
• Perform mechanical inspection programs that meet the contractual inspection plans
• Implement and administrate quality assurance and condition monitoring programs & procedures, such as welding inspection
• React to the daily inspection needs of the assigned areas and provide expertise in the utilization of inspection technology over a wide array of equipment and piping for all project phases
• Provide guidance and expertise in the utilization of various inspection technologies, and act as “Owners Inspector” with respect to application of quality industry codes and company standards
• Work closely with many diverse disciplines including project managers, purchasing, engineering, operations, maintenance and contractors
Our QA team is comprised of compact multi-disciplinary teams working on challenging and varied combination both of project service and operational business. As a QA Specialist you can expect to work with a wide range of operations and project teams, contractors and manufacturers, to work outside of your specialized discipline at times and to develop new skills. Working with the Canadian Natural QA team will enable you to use your quality and technical expertise to ensure code compliant, safe, accurate and high-quality operations, maintenance and project activity.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
In this role, as an experienced and knowledgeable mechanical engineer or technologist, you will be responsible for:
• Implement Audit Program and inspections to measure quality performance of contractors and suppliers
• Conduct compliance audits, both internally and externally, to verify conformance with quality requirements
• Ensure the audit process and the related procedures remain valid and effective
• Participate in the development of efficient and effective internal audit schedule jointly with Business Units, Operations, Environment and Health & Safety personnel to demonstrate that the Horizon site, Contractors and Suppliers are all in compliance with the requirements of Legislation and the Horizon Management Systems
• Ensure that the data for reporting Key Performance Indicators is complete and accurate Assist in the maintenance of a database which tracks all quality records, and any other technical records as required to support reliability and integrity efforts
• Promote quality awareness and continuous improvement to influence the overall success of the project and report on QA issues to management
• Assist contractors in achieving win – win outcome
• Provide support, guidance and initiatives under the direction of the Lead, QA
• Typically 5+ years of related industry expertise with an Mechanical, or Metallurgical Welding Engineering degree or technologist diploma
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Rotating equipment and concrete foundations for installations of pumps and compressors
o Inspection activities and processes as applied to manufacturing facilities
o Non Destructive Examination (NDE), and welding inspection activities
o Hands on installation of mechanical equipment, identification of problems and troubleshooting of problems during construction and installation for pressure vessels, boilers, and heat exchangers
o ASME, API, ABSA and Alberta pressure equipment safety regulations 49 and 56
o Written work documents such as engineering drawings, bill of materials and isometrics
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Quality Assurance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Quality-Assurance